Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Yellow Feather

A few days ago I was sitting outside the mall on a bench. People didn't really pay much attention to me, so it was   a good way to watch. A young woman with a bright yellow feather in her hair, matching yellow pants, a green top and sandals was with her four friends. Curious to see what this was about, I followed them around for a bit. Her friends were always laughing, smiling and talking; feather woman never spoke a word. After about five minutes, I was entertaining the thought that she could be mute. I followed them (discreetly of coarse) for about forty five minutes. In that time she spoke maybe four times and I found that so misleading. This woman looked so out there I had to follow her around a mall for almost an hour! She was shy, withdrawn and quiet. We aren't what we seem are we?

No comments:

Post a Comment